Can you believe it?
Yesterday was the first 12 hour shift that I've ever done on LDRP when NO ONE, not one, came in in labor the entire day. That was totally not the usual.
At the beginning of the morning, we had a full board (all our rooms taken) minus 2 or so. We had so many discharges that by the time I left at 7:30pm, there was 5 patients left....and 5 nurses. I had 2 patients and their babies! When normally I have 4-5 moms plus their babies!!!! I was pretty unbelievable!
This is my theory: Being the last saturday before Christmas, everyone wanted to get to their Christmas parties, gatherings, finish shopping, etc. so instead of coming in with a hint of anything (labor, feeling sick, etc.) they toughed it out all day as to join in with the festivities. When these ladies go home at night after being up and about all day, eating lots, etc. that's when things will hit. That's when their aching bodies have time to rest and their brains have time to think. So, I'm off to work in the next 20 minutes and we'll see if my theory is correct. We'll see...
In the meantime, I got offerred to take another LOA last evening. That is always really nice, but Shane and I didn't have plans and we need the hours/money, so I declined. It was a nice evening to be there!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment