Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Tomorrow morning, bright and early my hubbie is bringing me to the hospital for an ultrasound. No, no, we are NOT having a baby. It is not THAT kind of reason for an ultrasound.

Yes, it still is an abdomenal ultrasound, but it is for other reasons. I have been having stomach issues the last few months. I've been nausous on an off since July and have had difficulty with stomach pain, often after I eat or while eating. The doctor put me on Ranitidine a month and a bit ago which has been helping a lot! Ranitidine is a pill that reduces the amount of acid going on in the stomach...I think that is how to explain it in simple terms. It is a antiulcer or proton pump inhibitor...if my memory serves me right!

The doctor doesn't know what it is that is bothering me but has thrown out the terms ulcer, gallstones, gall bladder problems, etc. This ultrasound is supposed to inform us of what could be bothering me!

I look forward to finding a cause for my uncomfortable symptoms! So, please say a prayer for me and my tummy!

No comments: