Thursday, January 27, 2005

This afternoon I finally connected with a nursing recruiter. We have been playing phone tag since before Christmas, and we finally were both on the line!

I was just beginning to take a nap when she called. I quickly got the phone and chatted with her before going back to bed for my wonderful nap that I had been dreaming about all day! Well, my wonderful nap wasn't so restful...I managed to stay in bed for a while, but I don't think I actually slept!

Now there is a little bit in info on my mind and heart. The recruiter told me the details of the process of getting down to the USA and the states that have new grad programs. It sounds pretty good, but the process is pretty costly up front. Generally the signing bonuses cover the whole process....but you first have to pay for it all! The kinda exciting, kinda scarey part was when she said, " IF ALL WORKS OUT YOU COULD BE RELOCATED BY CHRISTMAS!!!!". That kinda freaked me out! That is this year! It seems like such a long process to go through....but it is possible that it would be worked out within a few short months.

I have no idea what we will do. I cannot fortell the future. I don't know if I will get my practicum placement where I want it. I do not know if they will offer me a job here in Winnipeg. I don't know if God will lead us to the USA. I have no idea which state He would want us in. I don't know how the timing would work out. I don't know where the initial money would come from. I don't know if we will even go.

I'm excited about what God is doing and going to do here in Winnipeg. Yes, I would love to escape our winters and misquitos, and experience life in a different place for a short period of time. But, I like where I live now. I like my family being nearby, my good old friends, my church, my housegroup, even my little appartment. I don't know if I want to leave that all.....I'm so excited about the stirrings of the Lord in my life and in our church at this present time. I want to stay and be in on what exciting things are in store!

So, these are my thoughts today....a little apprehensive...but not stressed....and a little excited...where could we possibly be going?

No comments: