Saturday, January 08, 2005

I thought of something the other day in a way that I haven't really thought of before.

I am a calendar girl! Ok....not in the way that you may be thinking! I do not pose nude for anybody's camera! Instead, I mean that I love scheduling and my calendar! I get excited about upcoming events, I like to count down until special days and plan events in advance. Sometimes this enjoyment is a blessing, sometime it isn't! I have to keep it balanced and allow God to use the gifting!

But, the revelation I got was that I should look forward to what God is doing in my life the same way I look forward to exciting upcoming events in the physical realm. Yes, I know that God is always moving, but I guess I subconsciously begin to think that each day is somewhat the same and such. GOD IS BIGGER THAN THAT! I need to anticipate what He is going to do next! I have the right to get excited about what He is going to do today, tomorrow and next week! I can look forward to new and exciting things happening! And I bet you I would see more new and exciting things happening in my world if I were looking for them and anticipating them!

You know that exciting feeling that you get over things that are coming up in life that you are looking forward to? I remember the months last year when we were engaged. We were engaged for about 8 months, and each day was exciting when I thought about the upcoming wedding and marriage. I had something VERY exciting to look forward to any moment that I thought about it!

That specific feeling of anticipation is different than just feeling generally happy or content. It is specific and directed at a specific event or time. I want to feel this way about what Jesus is doing in my life and around me, now. Yes, we can feeling generally happy and excited about what God is doing in our world. And that is good. But I want to have that specific excitement and anticipation that is emotionally-charged and present! I want to be specific and intimate, not so general!

Just some thoughts!

No comments: