Sunday, December 05, 2004

Sooo....I can't remember if I blogged yet, that I GOT ME-SELF A JOB!!!

I landed it last thursday and I start tomorrow after my last class of the year 2004! Yippee! One more semester to go!
I will be working at a massage therapy clinic as a receptionist. I've never been a receptionist but I think it will be a perfect match for my lovely administrative qualities that can be wonderful and annoying at times! I think I'm going to enjoy tidying up the place, talking with clients and know that they will be leaving shortly and I don't have to do anything to help them with any bodily functions (like nursing), and booking peoples' appointments. I love anything to do with a calendar!
I'll let you know how it goes! I am thinking it will be brainless and relaxed for me!

On an old post of November 18, I listed some things that I wanted in this job. Here they are again:
"These are the things I would really like for this part-time job:
1. A combination of sitting and standing so that my recovering back doesn't hurt too much. Eg. not an 8 hour shift on your feet the entire time!

Yeppers, I landed a job with both. Sitting at the desk answering phones and taking payments but walking to do the laundry, change sheets on the massage beds, etc.

2. Close to home, on a bus route so that I can bus or walk (because Shane needs the car on his work days; his workplace isn't on any bus route)

It is about a 10 minutes walk from my apartment! Unfortunately not on a good bus route, but if I'm willing to work it out and take extra time, I could arrange the bus route.

3. 2 day shifts a week. See, I would love it if they would be pretty flexible and let me work tuesdays and thursdays presently, picking up more at Christmas and then mondays and fridays next semseter! That's asking a lot but heck, we'll see what happens!

The words they told me were, "We want to be accommodating for you"! Awesome! I'm going to work monday and friday 8-5pm next semester, and every other saturday and wednesday morning 8-12pm. It is quite perfect so far! As for December, I'm taking all that I can get! And I'll hopefully find out more of a schedule tomorrow when I start! Also, they aren't in need of a receptionist during the evenings or sunday, so the last I would ever work is until 5pm!

4. a decent amount of pay. I am prepared that I am taking a few dollar an hour pay cut with changing jobs, but I hope it isn't too much. I have a figure in mind that would be nice...and still a cut!

Unfortunately, I huge pay cut, but understandable for the difference in work loads. When the phone isn't ringing and the laundry is going, I get to do homework or read a book! What a sweet deal! This is the first job that I've had that I can do that when it is slow! I'm pumped!

5. people that are nice, fun to be around and NOT perverted. A lot of jobs are filled with people with very dirty mouths and a poopy morale. I want work to be an enjoyable break from school and homework."

Well, the two girls that own the place are young and fun, at least they were in the interview! Besides the massage therapists, who will be in the rooms for the majority of the day, I don't have to work closely with anyone else. That is kinda nice! Just the in and out clients!

So, God is good and really did listen to my hopes for this part-time job! Thank-you for Your faithfulness!

No comments: