What a nice CEF I have for clinical! She let us go home before 1pm instead of at 3:30pm!!! I am so happy! I even hugged her for it! I think I'm going to take a yummy nap! That would feel so good! Then this evening Christina, maybe Steph and I are going to head out to Mitchell to check out and decide on our reception place. Shaner was supposed to go out with me but the head manager guy told him he had to be at a certain meeting tonight =( He wasn't happy about that though and I'm proud because he told his boss that he did not appreciate having to choose between work and me! That's some balls, saying that to your boss! It made me feel loved and wanted! Thanks Shaner! So, instead of waiting a few more weeks to check the place out, I'm going with the girls to decide. Shaner said that he trusts my judgement! Hopefully everything works out tonight!
My day at the hospital was nuts today! I got to follow my patient down to have an femoral angiogram done. It was really neat! They make a slit in your groin area and insert a long tube with a camera through your femoral artery. It takes pictures of your artery and you can even see it going up into the aorta (the main artery that gives your body blood from the heart). It's pretty insane what they can do to your body! It seems not-right sometimes, because you are doing procedures, crazy ones that you would think would be impossible! The doctors and nurses down there were great! One of them said to me, "See now you want to stay down here with us all day! I'll get a box of donuts and you can stay for the day!". I always seem to feel that it is respectful to offer my chair to a nurse or doctor that comes in the room, especially since I'm a student. Often we are the ones observing and we tend to be in the way! The nurses were telling me at the angiogram that I should never be offering my chair to a doctor! The surgeon guy, or whatever he is that does the procedure, was right there and he might have been agreeing with them! It was funny! I just naturally think that it is respectful! I do the same with older people (elderly) on the bus. After we got back to the ward, I had to monitor my patient's vital signs every 15 minutes! That doesn't really allow you to get a lot done in between! Especially when you have meds to give, other patients to look after, blood glucose tests to take and new IV bags to hang! Wow! It gets insane. It was a good day though! It is nice to be busy and then the day flies by!
Have a great weekend all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment