Monday, October 20, 2003
Picked up my wonderful dress today after class....it is a beautiful thing! I tried it on again for my roomie, with the help of my sis! Boy, I didn't realize it but it feels like a burden off the shoulders to have it in my posession! Knowing that it is here and not somewhere else out in the world is a comforting thought. Had a few moments today where fleeing the country and getting married sounded like a grand idea. Just going and living on a little island with my dude sounded very inviting. Not because I'm feeling any stress or dislike for the whole wedding thing, I just have increasing feelings of just wanting to be married already. I've always prided myself from the beginning of my relationship with Shane that I am still an individual and totally able to be my own person, go out with the girlies and not be so whipped like I see many others become. I find myself slipping into a place that is so comfortable. I can see my growing in dependence (not bad dependence but healthy dependence) on my boy and actually being ok with allowing my world to revolve around him more than it used to. I have defended my stand against becoming a name-less female for so long. I have a strong dislike for those couples who forget about themselves as individuals, their friends and family and the rest of the world. God has such amazing plans for us together and as me, Kristi, His daughter, and as Shane, His son. Both sides of the coin are so important and I don't want to miss out on either one of them by being too unhealth-ily dependent on one another, or too unhealth-ily independent. I want a great balance and I can honestly say I feel like we have a good one. I am content at the recent molding of my heart and emotions and I think it is all good. Is any of this making sense? Well, I'm lacking sleep so off I go. Have good sleeps!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment