Sunday, October 12, 2003

Happy Birthday to me!!! As of 1:13pm I am 21 years old! Also, as of today it is exactly 8 months until our wedding!
The weekend has had its ups and its total downs. Actually my weekend has been pretty tough. There was some akwardness with my family on friday at the party. I really love my extended family, but my dad's side at the same time drives me absolutely insane!!!!! Ahhhhhh!!!!!! They exhaust me because they are so high-maintenance! Lord, give me strength at Thanksgiving tomorrow! But, the party was pretty great (besides that annoyance) and my dad had not a clue in the world! He was completely surprised!!!! We did very well!
Unfortunately, wedding dress shopping never happened. It is a sad story that I don't have the emotional energy to get into. But, we'll try for another day in the next few weeks! Hopefully it will work out better. My heart is very sad though, so please could you say a prayer?
The bonfire was great! I had a lot of fun and there was a great turn-out! Well over half of the list couldn't make it so I thought it would be a tiny group of us. It ended up being about 30 people! We had a great time! And I got some birthday cards which was great! Hey, thanks Yvonne for the electronic card! How sweet! It was my first one of my actual birthday day!
Shane's family took me out for lunch and the afternoon today. It was really nice and I enjoyed hanging out with them. Actually, in the past 3 years, we haven't ever gone out for supper as a family! Surprising, but true! It sure was time and it sure was really nice! How refreshing to be out in public together!
I know it is Thanksgiving weekend and my birthddy, but I desperately need to study for my Spanish test on tuesday! I've been SUCH a slacker the last few weeks! Too busy I guess! And now my head is even more in other worlds! So, I must push on and work this brain of mine back into submission!!!

No comments: