Thursday, October 16, 2003

Ok gotta vent! There are some completely and utterly bratty kids in this world. And I don't believe that it is all the fault of the kid! There are some pretty bad parents that allow WAY too much! I know that I'm not a parent and therefore don't understand some things, but I have lived with little ones in my home for years and been one of the moms looking after them. Boundaries NEED to be drawn! I just bussed back from St.B after a day of clinical. The kid on the bus was so out of line. He was screaming at the top of his lungs when his mom would make him sit down and when she wouldn't let him dig in her purse for gum. He already had how many pieces! He would yell at her and hit her, even in the face! And you know, I know that the bus isn't the best place to discipline but you have to do something when your child is hitting you across the face! You can't just sit there and let it happen! It doesn't mean you need to yell, make a scene, or spank him right there, but you can't allow that behavior! Regardless if you are on public transit!
Ok thanks for being the brunt of that vent! I just get SO frustrated with kids and parents like that!
Clinical was good though! I got two patients with IVs today! I had to switch the solution, give two syringes of morphine through a pump called a CVA pump, and got to give antiboitics through piggyback (which is a form of IV therapy). I got to do another needle (on of my favorite things!) and discontinue an IV! It was a busy day and I got to do a bunch of interesting things for the first time! Sucessful day!
Tonight I have to quickly come up with a presentation for tomorrow on kidney dialysis. It won't take me away from my "Friends" and "Survivor" though! I'm committed!!! Have a good night!

No comments: