Well, it sure has been an exciting weekend! SHANE AND I ARE ENGAGED!!!!!! It all took place on friday night (October 3....hey Rhonda, your birthday!) and it was perfect! Shane did such a great job!! And he picked out an incredible ring all by himself that I absolutely adore!! I think my ring is the most beautiful ring in the world (and that's the way it is supposed to be!).
Shane was so creative and had a big plan along with 10 envelopes like a treasure hunt all throughout the evening. It started here at my place when he picked me up. I was sent to my my sister's appartment for envelope #2. Then downstairs to the car to find a dozen GORGEOUS red roses and envelope #3 in the trunk. I went up to my room to find #4 which stated that we were off to Red Lobster for dinner. Red Lobster is tradition for us because it's our favorite place to go for special occasions! We had such a fun meal and laughed throughout the sport of cracking crab legs! It was hilarious! While Shane was paying the bill, I headed for the washroom and returned to find envelope #5. We were then off to Shane's for another surprise. He handed me #6 when we arrived at his place and it guided me to get the laptop (another new blessing! What a month!) and bring it to the livingroom. I sat as he played a slide show of us that he had made. It made me "awww" and it made me laugh very hard at certain points, because it had so many funny, "us" things! He gave me #7 then which sent us for a ride in the car. A little while into the ride, Shane handed me #8 which stated that we were off to the Forks! I love the Forks! We went to check out places where we wanted my sister to take pictures for us! We walked the river walk and on the walk Shane handed me #9. It said that we were going to the Legislative Building to check out some more spots. When we got to the Leg, we were checking out spots in the back by the fountain and Shane gave me #10 which said that he had a story for me. See, I always ask him to tell me a story and so he added that into the evening. He wrote a 6-paged story about his life (about a boy named Shane.....in the third person). It was full of laughs and some tears and a lot of honesty. I came into the story in the last 3 pages. By the end it was building up and he said such perfect things! Through tears on his face, he stood up (from the bench we were sitting on) and said, "So....." My mouth dropped as I watched him dig into his jacket pocket. He got down on one knee and said, "Kristi, will you be my wife?". I practically yelled and laughed at the same time, "Absolutely! I would love to!".
It was such a perfect evening and I'm so proud of my dude! Our wedding is set for June 12, 2004, which is coming quickly....only 8 months and 7 days to go! But who's counting?....
We've had awesome reactions from friends and family and totally excited loved ones. I had thought all week long that friday would be the night! I have an over-active brain that tries to figure everything out! So, since I had been talking to Steph (sister) and Christina (roommate) all week and even just before Shane was picking me up, when I called them minutes after the proposal, all I could hear was LOTs of screaming in the cell phone! They were so excited along with us!
So, I'm sure that wedding stuff will be a big part of the blogging now too! It's so exciting and I'm planning on loving every minute of it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment