Thursday, December 28, 2006

So, here's the latest on the wrist.....

Yesterday I had an appointment with a sports medicine doc. I do not have a ganglion! And I do not have anything wrong with my bones according to the xrays. So no surgery! Yippee!!

What I do have are some very irritated tendons and the synovial spaces! So the big word is extensor tendonitis and synovitis. I went to my first massage appointment for it this afternoon and boy was there very painful moments but I think it was really good for my wicked tight forearm!

Yeah, there is recovery for tendonitis! And I want it quickly! So heat and ice, massage and stretches, complete with a topical anti inflammatory and we'll see what happens!

So, it's pretty good news but I'm still a little impatient to have this all behind me! I need peace and patience to enjoy the small steps toward healing!

No comments: