Let the gatherings begin!
Today is gathering #1 of the Christmas '06 season. We are going out to my mom's for the day! We generally don't do presents because we head out to a hotel for the weekend in the New Year instead. But us kids got her a little something this year!
Our gatherings are a little like a potluck, as I always bring the dessert and Steph always brings the drinks! It works pretty well that way.
I'm going to bring some games.....especially our newest addition...Killer Bunnies! Playing it with just 2 people isn't so fun. I think it will be much better with a few others!
Unfortunately, I had to miss my first day of work because of my wrist yesterday. I've had my brace on and off since Thursday night when I got home from work. It's been really sore. I even slept with the brace on the last two nights...it feels better on the wrist but ends up bothering my hand! I hadn't had to miss any work related to my wrist yet, but the last 3 days it has been really sore. I made it through my 12 hour shift on Thursday by massaging it, icing it multiple times and watching very closely what I was doing with my wrist. I was lucky that I had a really good assignment so I could use my wrist minimally.....but I can't count on that every shift! By 5:30am on Friday morning, we thought I should rest the wrist for the day. I'm glad I did. It is always really hard for me to not go in for a shift (which has only happened once since I started in August '05!)
So, keep praying for my wrist! I want it fully healed!
And I'm going to bring the brace, be careful today and enjoy my family and the yummy food! Merry Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment