Yesterday night, I went with my baby sis to see Brian Doerksen's concert. It was great! I really really like that guy's music! In the midst of feeling overwhelmed and kinda afraid of the outcome of hard times, I was reminded intimately and personally again that God is faithful and his invitation to me is to trust. I felt God speaking to me and it caused me to cry throughtout parts of the evening. Again my heart was ruined for missions and the precious people in other places. Canadian Food for the Hungry is part of this tour and again they pulled on the strings of my heart that hold passion for others in this world. I want to go away again, SO BADLY!!!! I saw many pictures of children from Africa, and my desire to go to Africa remains strong. But you know, I never would have guessed it, but when God switched the trip from Kenya to El Salvador this summer, he, in the process, made me fall in love with Central America. I am ruined. As soon as we can afford it and have this wedding thing finished, I want to sponser a child with Shane! My sis did yesterday and her little guy is absolutely adorable!!!
So, God spoke to me again in his still small voice (and used Brian's!) to remind me that this life here on earth is a once in a lifetime thing. It is our one invitation to trust. It is our only chance to live and to risk. That really puts some things into perspective. It makes me want to plan certain things about my future a little differently. I want to spend my life on my Jesus.
So, I carried these thoughts with me to clinical today. I had a patient who is 97 years old and having a tough time with the reason that he is in the hospital. He's not doing so well. I had the priviledge of feeding him some breakfast this morning. As I stood beside his bed and slowly tried to encourage him to eat, I felt another eternal moment. I held his hand for a bit, gave his bald head a little rub and prayed over him. I prayed silently but I prayed that God would capture his heart and that this man would know the Lord. I prayed that God would take him at the right time, because he has lived a long life already and so at this point, leaving this world just might be ok. When I talked with him and held his hand, he began to cry. I think he was in some pain, but I think a little compassion is what brought those tears that specific time. I hope that his heart was ministered to, even though he may not have cognitively understood the things going on around him very well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment