Sunday, August 03, 2003

Well, I'm done my weekend of working nights! My poor and confused body is doing quite well. I'm pleasantly surprised! Supposedly shift work (probably mainly nights) is one of the risk factors for heart disease. I can see why! It screws up your poor system! You are sleeping and eating at all the wrong times!

Well, my Shaner came over tonight and we had a nice evening relaxing and our favorite, a trip to 7-11 for 5 cent candies and then a walk around the neighborhood! I love my boy!

6 days until I fly away! It is becoming such a reality! I have about half of my stuff packed already and I have lists coming out of everywhere....my OCDs emerging. I am really excited to travel, go on an airplane again, meet totally new people and be in a different culture! I am really excited that I am doing this on my own! I love the independant feeling! I had this feeling when I went to California with a group from Kelowna in '98! I didn't know anyone and it was quite an experience....with pros and cons! I'm so thankful to have the opportunity to do this! I could squeal!

I am going out for coffee with my mom tomorrow! She called me today and wanted to have coffee before I leave! She totally initiated and I am touched. I hope that we have a really nice time! I think I'll take her to Three Sisters Teahouse on Provencer! She'd like that! I went home on wednesday of last week to say good-bye to my house...mom will be all moved out by the time that I return. I'm sad, but it helped to walk through the house and verbally say good-bye to each and every room, cupboard, closet, etc. Kinda healing and releasing...

I am praying that all goes well with registering for third year classes this wednesday! I hope that I get all the classes that I need and in the right slots! It's important so that I can fit everything in! Please say a prayer!

Well, I just needed to update! Have a wonderful night! I think I'll hit the hay early tonight! I actually get to sleep during the night tonight, but I have to get up at 5:15am to work the day shift! Oh...responsibility.............what can I say?

No comments: