Saturday, November 12, 2011

Time to Par-tay, Rest and Prepare!

I just arrived home not long ago from my last work shift before maternity leave! Ahhhhhh! I'm done! And so pumped about that!

We found out we were pregnant 2 weeks after arriving home from Kona back in March, before I started back at work. I picked up casual shifts for April, May and the beginning of June before getting a term at the end of June that lasted until today! The Lord has been so gracious to me. I got in my 600 hours for mat leave by the mid/end of October and I wasn't sick even a day in the process of obtaining those 600 hours! I'm soooo thankful! I got the shifts I wanted and all the pick-ups from April through September paid off!

It's been fun to be at work over the past 7 months. I really do like my job =) And even more over in 2011 doing 8 hour shifts instead of 12s and abandoning nights back in 2010 =) That sure makes it even better =)

I'm going to miss caring for people in such a special way. I sure love providing care for others. But now I'll have a new little person to provide all the love and care for that I want =) I've got a new assignment coming =)

I'm now ready to take off my nurse/work hat and rest. I'm ready to slow down the schedule, rest more and mentally, emotionally, physically and spiritually prepare for our coming baby and the transition ahead. Part of me hopes this baby comes soon because I'm really excited to meet him/her and another part of me isn't quite ready to be finished pregnancy because I've loved it so much and I'd like to make the most of my rest time for a bit now that maternity leave has started.

Thank You Jesus for bringing me to today! You are so faithful and kind!

No comments: