Definition of babymoon according to Wikipedia: "More recently the term has come to be used to describe a vacation taken by a couple that is expecting a baby in order to allow the couple to enjoy a final trip together before the many sleepless nights that usually accompany a newborn baby."
Well, I wanted a babymoon, a little get-a-way with my love before the baby joins us =) We didn't want to spend a whole bunch of money while preparing for baby. It didn't seem wise. But I still had the desire in my heart.
So, I told my Abba my feelings and let Him know my desires, yet partly surrendering them at the same time. It seemed wise to throw out the question on facebook if anyone had any ideas. Lo and behold, I got a lovely inbox message with a wonderful offer!
We got to spend 2 nights at a cottage...well, as you see on the pictures, it is more like a beautiful home on the lake =) We relaxed, slept, talked, ate, walked, read, watched movies, listened to music, and talked some more. It was relaxing, rejuvenating and recharging for Shane and I relationally, spiritually and personally. It was exactly what we needed!
The Lord knew that we didn't need a hotel room, a busy-paced weekend or the city. We needed peace and quiet to connect with each other and with Him. He was kind, brilliant and so kind to hear my little prayers about a babymoon and make a way =)
Thank You Lord for Your kindness and care about the small things! He even gave this preggo a babymoon =)
No comments:
Post a Comment