Monday, November 07, 2011

Blogger Review: Heaven Is For Real For Kids as told by Colton Burpo to his parents, Todd & Sonja Burpo, Illustrated by Wilson Ong


Heaven is for Real for kids is a book written for children by a young boy and his parents about his trip to heaven and back. This is a children's book for kids of all ages, but I think would target school-aged children more than babies or toddlers. This book shares some of Colton's experiences in heaven and with Jesus and the take home message is loud and clear - Jesus really, really loves children and He really, really loves you!

I enjoyed reading this book! The illustrations are beautifully done and are sure to capture the attention of children. The words on each page provoked thoughts, questions and emotions from me as the reader. The message is clear and there is a strong, spiritual message from cover to cover. I like the scripture references included on the pages.

I'd definitely recommend this book to people of all ages and especially parents and their children. I found an increasing desire in my heart rise up to see Jesus and this book left me asking lots of questions about the details of heaven. I'm excited to experience heaven myself one day! It's going to be incredible and it's so great that Colton got to take this trip there and share the story when he came back!

(Booksneeze provided me with a complimentary copy of this book. The opinions I expressed are my own.)

No comments: