Tuesday, July 05, 2011

I miss Kona and YWAM today...



I'm kinda surprised. I didn't expect the emotions I'm feeling today after 4 months.

We arrived home 4 months ago (as of next week) from our time in Kona and South Africa with YWAM and Call2All. I haven't done a lot of looking back or longing for the past at all. I've been energized to move forward and excited about what the Lord is going to do in and through us as we continue forward.

But today it really hit me. I miss Kona today. I miss the YWAM family today. I miss Monday morning worship times in Ohana Court with the whole campus. I miss hearing YWAMers sing IHOP songs, even if they didn't always seem to sing it right =) I miss Kona weather and scenery. I miss the view of the ocean. I miss palm trees. I miss the buzz of campus life, knowing that so many people are gathering in one location to grow and seek after the Lord. I miss the comradery that the community of YWAM brings. I miss the prayer room on campus today and would love to spend a few hours in there today.

I sure wish I could spend today in Kona.

I've been dreaming about Hawaii the last 2 nights and I think that has set the stage for a day of missing Kona. I'm also listening to Casting Crowns as I read the Word this morning. Their album "Until the Whole World Hears" kind of represents the hardest few weeks of outreach for me and was a very special connecting point between the Lord and myself during the really intense weeks. He has led me so well.

I want to constantly remember the greatness of the Lord and the greatness of my earthly assignment in His Kingdom. It may look tiny or grand, but I want to constantly being doing the "next big thing" that the Lord requires of me! I don't want to be standing still, waiting for time to go by. I want to be going forward at all times. I want to be in the midst of a mighty river, not standing on the banks watching it go by. I want the big things of God that are accessible to me this side of eternity.

Today my heart is remembering. I want the Lord to return. I want Him to set up His Kingdom in Jerusalem and rule and reign over this planet, making all the wrong things right. I want to see the nations transformed and I want to see millions saved, truly saved. I want to see the Great Commission completed in my lifetime. I want to see events talked about in the Bible come to pass before my eyes that I know are pre-requisites for the return of my Jesus.

Come, Lord Jesus, come.

No comments: