Thursday, June 23, 2011

Baby Moment Memories in the Making...


It's late and I'm home from my first evening of reorientation back into the float pool at work. I should be crawling into bed next to my husband right now. But, I'm off facebook right now and re-evaluating it over the past month and just needed an outlet to share my joy =) So, here I am blogger!

On my break tonight, I borrowed a doptone from triage and found an empty room on one of the labor floors. It's been 3 weeks and a long road trip to and from Kansas City since I heard my baby and I was itching to hear the little one today =) Sure enough, the little heartbeat was easy as pie to find and such a delight to hear again! I didn't think it would work at this early in pregnancy to hear the heartbeat while I was standing, but I tried and waddled my way over to the phone and called home. What a delightful surprise for my fantastic husband and darling sister when I put the doptone up to the phone for them to hear! A nice whoosh, whoosh of the blood flow to the placenta, a nice strong heartbeat at 144 beats per minute and audible movement on top of that! What a delight! And as I was listening, those perplexing, I'm-not-sure-what-I'm-feeling moments occurred again at the same time I heard baby Farrow move! I must be feeling the beginnings of movement already! Woo! Hoo!

I'm so in love. I smiled on the way home at midnight just thinking about it. I'm so excited to meet this little person when the time is right =)

5 comments:

MJ said...

Ahhh:) I too can hardly wait to meet my new grandbaby:) Love you Mom

Stephanie said...

I LOVE IT! It was so exciting hearing Baby Farrow moving around! So exciting that you're beginning to feel things! YES!

Anonymous said...

So exciting Kristi!! And your love for Baby Farrow so precious
RUTH

Yvonne Parks said...

YOU LOOK SOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!! So bummed to be missing all this :*(

christal said...

Adorable belly, Kristi!!! Can't wait to see pictures of your wee one. :)