Sunday, July 24, 2011

Farewell To An Old Friend

Dear Sleep,

You and I used to be such good friends. We were together for many hours every day. We enjoyed one another's company. We rested, relaxed and dreamed together of many things. I said no to late nights from time to time and definitely said no to early mornings so I could spend more quality time with you. Not many things could come between us. When we were together, the rest of the world faded in comparison.

For a beautiful, small and growing reason, I'm finding I don't need you anymore. Our friendship wasn't as strong as I once thought it was. I thought we'd need one another in such a big way forever, but apparently I was wrong. I'm finding I just don't need you as much as I thought I did. Other things are coming between us.

Thankfully, I'm not as devastated as I thought I'd be at the farewell of you, my dear friend. I know that we will not be apart forever. It may be many years, or not, before we are close friends again. I'm hoping my new friends far surpass your greatness and in the light of the joy they bring, I'll hardly remember you. I promise to continue to be close acquaintances with you, seeing you every day, even though our relationship won't be the same. Sorry, but I have found something better...

Your friend,
Kristi

1 comment:

Evan and Mel said...

Loved this post!