There are lots of little details that come into the picture when you are planning a big jump like the one we're about to spring into! There are so many small things that come into the game plan and the list maker in me sometimes enjoys this =)
Day by day, more things are being struck off our list and completed! My husband has been fabulous about getting stuff done on his end. I have soooooo appreciated the help in the list-crossing-off and have really appreciated that we've both been carrying the weight of the many little responsibilities to prepare for our trip!
Here's some of the details that have been falling into place:
- My brother is coming to live in our apartment for the time we are away! Yippee! This makes things much easier than the idea of finding storage and a sublet in such a short time, never mind dealing with a place to come back to! We are so happy to have a trusted and responsible person living in our home while we're gone.
- My resignation letter went in to my boss last week and all the details around it came together seamlessly. I got the resignation date that I wanted and all the vacation shifts I have left in the 5 shifts leading up to that date. Thankfully, with all the rules with the union surrounding vacation, it was no problem to do those switches!
- I finished all my nights shifts this morning! Good-bye night shifts for an undetermined amount of time! Yippee! Now I only have 3 more day shifts next weekend before I am done work for a season. I am really hoping to be placed on a laboring unit next weekend because I would love to be a part of some beautiful deliveries before I go so I can have great memories of my last few shifts doing the part of nursing that I love!
- We have a place to stay for the first two nights in Kona arranged now! We are flying in 2 days early in order to save a HUGE amount of money on our flights. This meant finding a place to stay, taking a taxi from the airport and figuring out our food needs. Well, there was an easy solution! We are staying at the visitor's center on base and for a very affordable price have a safe and clean place to stay and all the meals are included! Praise the Lord!
- Provision is trickling in every few days. We have excited moments with awesome stories of financial provision and some moments when our faith feels low and we get discouraged. I want to tell you a few of these stories to encourage you and build your faith too in the next few weeks! God has been so good!
There is much to do still and yet, the details are coming together so well that we need not stress or worry! We leave in 25 days and it's hard to believe that September 28th will be here before we know it.
Here are my prayers requests:
- The peace and nearness of the Lord over the next 25 days
- Boldness to communicate our vision and needs to others
- Provision to flow in steadily over the next 25 days and people to catch the vision of partnering with us
- All the little details to come together without any stress
- Sweet quiet time with the Lord despite a busy time of preparation
- Grace and comfort in our relationships with the "see-you-laters" we'll be saying
Thanks for reading and praying!
1 comment:
Kristi I thoroughly enjoy reading your blogs they are very clear and concise, lots of good information yet they never lack the very necessary emotional elements that make a real great blog! I love you sis and I support you I pray for peace and provision in the name of Jesus! I will miss you.
Post a Comment