I've found that over the wilderness season I've been in over the past 2+ years, I often feel emotions that are out of place in different situations. When I should feel sad, I feel fine. When others are happy, I'm often found crying. It's been uncomfortable, difficult and just plain awkward at times!
Well, the good-byes and see-you-laters are out in full force these days. On the whole, they've been great and not making me sad for the most part. I suppose I should be sad, but I'm feeling mostly fine, peaceful at times with more than a hint of excitement as I look forward to the next 6 months.
Tonight I had my first I-may-have-to-cry moment, saying good-bye to my friend Bonnie. I sure love that girl! We have been good friends since high school, though have known each other much longer. We have gotten closer over the last few years and at this point are closer than ever in my opinion and our husbands enjoy one another! Bonus! I'm going to miss this treasure of a friend! It was nice to celebrate my birthday early too!
Another of my dear friends is Amy. We had our good-bye last week at our usual spot, Cora's, where we celebrate our birthdays each year. It has become our tradition over time! We became best friends in grade 6, meeting a month after I turned 11, and have continued our friendship ever since! Our friendship is almost 17 years old! My time with Amy was my first birthday celebration for 2010!
I'm going to tell you about another of my dear friends but I'm going to save that for another post! We've started our parent-related good-byes and will continue them over the weekend. Then we say our good-byes at Sanctuary on Sunday and some hard ones on Monday and Tuesday. Please pray for peace, grace and comfort for our hearts this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment