Wow! This month has been a whirlwind!
I had a ton of birthday celebrations with friends and family which made me feel special! I got a whole bunch of cards with really nice things written on them, which is my perfect gift! I have one birthday celebration left (with my bro) that will have to wait until November, because October has been too full! Thanks everyone for making me feel special this month!
On the conference front, Pure Heart was amazing at the beginning of the month. Then came the AWHONN conference...a work conference. I actually really enjoyed it and took a number of points away as things I'd like to try to implement more in my own practice. I enjoyed being with a group of nurses, in a non-hospital setting and discussing relevant topics and learning about topics that are applicable to my job.
Last but not least, the Kingdom Come Conference was this last weekend. I worked nights all weekend but went to the prayer room that we put on in the basement for an hour before work each evening. It was a whirlwind. Sleep 9-5pm, prayer room 6-7pm, work 7:30pm-8am. That is super tiring!
The Lord totally blessed me by allowing me to have 4 hours of work off on Friday night. There was an LOA available, which doesn't usually happen...and especially on the weekend! I got to work, found out that I could come back in 4 hours and went back to the prayer room. It was good that I did, because the Lord totally met me there. I'm so grateful!
In all this month's excitement, I was waiting for the arrival of a certain little princess and hoping she would make her appearance when I wasn't at work. The Lord handpicked a special day and Rayah came forth on October 21st! I had the honor of being with Jacquie, Joe and Rayah during Rayah's birth!
2 more shifts to go this week, a bunch of preparing and we are due to set sail to our friends in the south for a time of holidays! I am looking forward to a time of relaxing, getting away from usual responsibilities and being with my husband and some of our friends. I'm looking forward to seeing my husband sit and enjoy a prayer room, without having to run it, which he does so well =) I just think it will be a nice holiday for him to sit and enjoy the ride instead of steer the ship =) And I'm looking forward to sitting beside him in a prayer room instead of across the room for a few days =)
So, in 5 sleeps we are off to Kansas City! Yippee!
Monday, October 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment