Saturday, October 17, 2009

Book Review: Redefining Beautiful by Jenna Lucado with Max Lucado


This book is geared to young women and is about what God sees when God looks at us. The theme of this book is about knowing God as a perfect Father and the message is revealed through the theme of appearance.

When I started reading the first chapter, it was quite evident that I am not the age of the target audience. In my opinion, this book is very appropriate for 10-16 year olds. The theme of appearance wasn’t my favorite to start but as I got into chapter 2, the importance of the internal began to be discussed.

Jenna writes creatively and clearly about the need girls have for their heavenly Father. I could easily identify with other female readers about our universal longing for a love that only our perfect Father can provide.

I liked the use of scripture and the layout of the chapters that include Beauty Tips, Life Accessories and spaces for readers to answer personal questions. It is an interactive book!

Any woman at any age could get something out of this book, but I would recommend it more so to young women in junior high and high school.

No comments: