Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Festivities!

Here's a quick play by play of our Christmas festivities this month!

#1 - December 13 started out our gatherings with Christmas at my mom's! It was fun, relaxing and such a lovely time with my mom, hubbie and siblings!


Blindfolding mom and escorting her to her gift!


The fabulous four!


My beautiful family!

#2 - December 24, in between night shifts, we had Christmas Eve with Shane's family!


Our beautiful niece, Raign, who is the life of the party and just turned one!


Shane opening his big present of the year!


Yeah! A playstation 3 much to his delight! A gift from multiple family members!



When we got home at 10:15pm on Christmas Eve, Shane "let" me open one of my Christmas presents before heading to work for the night!



My handsome husband and I on Christmas Eve!



#3 - Christmas Day morning with my hubbie and Christmas Day Supper with my siblings! Christmas morning was a story in itself that will have to be a blog entry unto its own soon!



Since dating and marrying Shane, stockings have become a part of Christmas time for me! I like them!




Then came Christmas Day supper with the fabulous four! Complete with a great supper, gift exchange and Elf for the second time this season!



Steph was pretty excited about our matching sister pjs!


Shaun's "ugly hat like Stephanie's" that he requested!


Our matching pjs!



Off to another night shift! Had to miss the Christmas sleepover...too bad!

#4 - Christmas at Dad's with my hubbie, siblings, dad and Rose (dad's girlfriend).


A silly picture!


Dad and Rose



Being silly with the sibs! How can you tell physical touch is one of the top love languages of all three of us?



#5 - Christmas with the Doerksens (mom's side of the extended family) was today. My mom is one of 9 kids and those are fun gatherings with so many of us! We got to go skating, much to my hubbie's delight!

#6 - Christmas with Shane's extended family is for lunch tomorrow!

#7 - Christmas with the Reimers (dad's side of the extended family) is for supper tomorrow. I am heading to the gathering on behalf of Shane and I, and Shane is holding the fort at Sanctuary on our behalf!

#8 - New Year's Gathering with the Giesbrechts (my mom's mom's side of the extended, extended family) is on New Year's Day. We will be skipping this one, as you can see, we have too many gatherings!

We are done 5 and have 2 more tomorrow! This time of the year is nuts! And on top of these gatherings, I worked 6 out of 8 nights in the last week! Crazy!

I am so thankful that I have so much family to love and enjoy! I love my family!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love that you called us the "Fabulous Four" I think that's going to have to stick! Christmas was fun - thanks for having us!!! I love our yearly sibling traditions! : )

Somedays are Worth Remembering said...

Wow! That was a mouth full. I think that there should be a contest to add members to the Fab Four. Then Steven and I could try out!