Ahhh....
I have a very peaceful home this afternoon. It is lovely...
As I type, my under-the-weather hubbie is resting on the couch, the lights are shining from the Christmas tree, it is peacefully quiet in our apartment, supper is smelling great from the slow cooker and my heart is growing in love.
I'm still in my pjs which is exactly the kind of day I needed.
I had a great time listening to a teaching on the Father Heart of God by Billy Humphreys this afternoon. The Lord is highlighting the topic of His heart as my Father to me and it's been tough but good these last few weeks. I think this is a pivotal time period for my heart and for my history in God.
I've been really tired lately and having a hard time getting out of bed in the mornings. I keep sleeping past my alarm these days. It could be a combo of things...shift work, late nights, coming off the Global Bridegroom Fast, etc.
But, it has revealed to me that I really need to learn to rest in God. Whether I have times of rest in my schedule or it's busy, I want to rest on the inside. I have felt busy on the inside lately. It doesn't matter what's required of me in this season with my time. I want to rest in the Lord and trust in Him, silencing the clutter in my head and heart. Today was good for this. Listening, praying, reading and resting were exactly what I needed.
Tomorrow begins my work week bright and early. I'm working 12 hour days Friday, Saturday and Sunday. This means I'm missing a lot of Sanctuary things this weekend, which is too bad, but that just the way it is right now. Some day things will be different. I just want to be faithful in each season, faithfully tending to the things that God has put on my plate for the time being.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Seriously love you two. Thanks for the card, yours will soon make it in the mail. I am trying to get he pictures that we've had taken lately on the blog. My body has been flipping out lately so not really feeling like blogging. I need grace. It is an up hill climb right now.
Post a Comment