Merry Christmas to all very soon!
So, we've arrived at the Christmas week for 2008. I'm working a ton this week and have a ton of gatherings to boot, making this week a little insane in our home this year.
The best thing about working Christmas is knowing that I'm off next year!
I finished three 12-hour nights Sunday morning. It was a nice weekend with enjoyable shifts and a beautiful birth an hour before home time that finished off the weekend well.
I've been pretty tired in the last 48 hours since getting off work. I've been sleeping a lot! I think my body knew what I needed more than my brain did!
So, tonight, I'm back at it. I work a 12 hour night tonight (23rd to 24th), sleep all day tomorrow and head over to Shane's parents for Christmas Eve in the evening. Then off to work for an 8 hour night (woo! hoo! only 8 hours!) from the 24th to the 25th. Shane and I will have a little celebration when I get home the morning of the 25th. Off to sleep I go, to awake to Christmas dinner with Shane and my siblings. Then back to work I go for one more 8 hour night from the 25th to the 26th. Again, I will sleep part of the day on the 26th before heading to my dad's for our gathering.
I also have extended family gatherings on the 27th and the 28th! Whew! Then the gatherings are over for us, as we are missing another one on the 28th and one on the 1st!
If I can make it through this week, I'll be smooth sailing! Knowing that half of my night shifts are over for the week, makes the last half seem like it's going to be alright! Especially since 2 of the 3 are 8 hour shifts instead of 12! That is such a blessing over Christmas, or I wouldn't have made hardly any gatherings over Christmas!
Thankfully, there has been a ton of grace in the area of work. It has greatly helped that God gave me the heads up back in the summer and fall that the next season of my life would be intense in the work arena. So, in this season of my life, I'm clinging to Haggai 2:4 "'Yet now be strong, Kristi, and work for I am with you' says the Lord of hosts".
With great delight and relief, I can report that I have quite an increased amount of joy and peace when I'm working! I have been enjoying my job and there has been so much grace from the Lord for me to meet Him and rest in Him in the midst of working insane hours, getting minimal relaxing time and specific "God time" during my stretches on and pouring myself out for others that need me in the hospital. He is so faithful to meet us in each season, whether they are easy or hard, enjoyable or difficult.
That being said, Merry Christmas to you all! If you think of me this week, I'd totally appreciate a prayer for increased joy and grace during a pretty insane week, when I'd prefer to be at home with friends and family over the holidays!
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment