I am continuing in my pursuit to know the heart of God as my Father. In the process, I have listened to more teachings in the series I mentioned last post, by Billy Humphrey from IHOP-Atlanta. So good!
This morning's teaching led me to meditate on Psalm 16:3 "As for the saints who are on the earth, "They are my excellent ones, in whom is all my delight". "
It is absolutely incredible that all of the Father's delight in wrapped up in humans! I delight the heart of God! I move His emotions and when I say yes, turn my face to Him and my heart moves towards His, He is utterly moved with emotion.
We are so limited in our experience of pure pleasure. In general, the word pleasure brings illegitimate and sinful experiences to mind more than true, pure pleasures that we have experienced.
But, the truth is that in His presence is fullness of joy and at His right hand are pleasures forevermore (Psalm 16:11). God is the creator of pleasure! He experiences pleasure and delights when we do too!
The God who is love wants to be loved in return. And, even more, when we give love to the Father, He experiences pleasure! His heart experiences pure delight from the love that we give Him!
What's more, the pleasure He feels must be incredible! It is out of this world. We have so many hindrances here on earth to experiencing the fullness of His pleasure. He doesn't have any of these barriers, but experiences the fullest, purest form of pleasure there ever could be....simply when I whisper that I love Him!
The revelation of His desire, pleasure and delight in me causes me to want to love Him more. When I think of Him as angry, detached, or stoic in nature, I want to run the other way and instead give Him my love in a way that consistently first disclaimers my sin and weakness before approaching Him. No way! We are supposed to approach the throne with boldness!
I want to draw nearer and nearer when I know that the Father I love is a glad, delighted, desiring, pleased Father. There is nothing that I have to do to gain His approval. I already have it! I already bring Him pleasure! That makes me want to whisper I love you more frequently throughout my day, knowing that it both brings me and my Father pleasure!
We move His heart!
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment