Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Birthday Celebration!

So the morning began with a blog, a facebook note and a cheery "Happy Birthday" to get into celebratory mode. Then Shane was confined to the office or shower as I cleaned the house and baked him his own personal carrot cake! I cleaned the house as an act of service because I know that my hubbie loves a clean house, and we've been busy lately so the house wasn't up to par! The act of service was the part where I did his usual chores too!

Then, I got brunch ready along with his birthday gift displayed on his plate. I escorted him to the table and we started with the opening of presents before diving into pancakes and orange juice. I got him a nice Hurley t-shirt which looks great on him and a card! He approved! I kept the tags on just in case!






Then, I played a game of golf with Shane on the playstation. I tried to think of all kinds of little things that I know he would like! He beat me, of course =)




Well, Shane hadn't slept well the night before, so I made a quick adjustment to our plans to include a coffee at Starbucks for my tired birthday boy. We headed to Starbuck's and walked around the mall. It was relaxing and enjoyable and did the trick to get us more energized!

Off to glo-bowling next! Again, Shane beat me in both games! I guess it is just a good lesson in meekness for me =) It was fun but passed too quickly!





Then we got slurpees and headed to St.Vital Park to walk, talk and see the ducks. Shane got to see his buddies =) It was really relaxing and I love the talks and walks I get to have with Shane!




We then headed over to The Keg for supper. Shane loves steak so this was the prime place to go! We had a lovely meal and more great conversation and the best company!



We headed home to get our Bibles for prayer and arrived home to a nice note and goodies left by my lovely sister!



Off to prayer we went! On your birthday you get a time of individual prayer and prophecy! It was good!

Before the day ended, Steph and Lanney joined us for some of Shane's carrot cake that he was willing to share! A birthday wouldn't be complete without a round of "Happy Birthday" and a candle to blow out!





Happy Birthday Shane!

3 comments:

Jacki said...

I love how much you guys put into each other's special days. So sweet. Don't forget about that address, okay?? :D

Kristi said...

Jacki!

I sent the address August 14...I'm guessing you didn't get it? I sent it to robnjax09@hotmail.com. Is it right?

Thanks for your special comments!
Kristi

Christina said...

What a great birthday day!
You are an awesome planner Kristi! Very fun!