Tuesday, August 26, 2008

You know things have been busy when...

You sit down for supper with your spouse at your own table for the first time since....July 30!!!!

Yes, yesterday night was the first time Shane and I sat down for supper together at our place all month! And it's already the 26th today! Yikes! We've had a busy month filled with 12 hour work shifts (which means no supper together), a weekend at camp, meals at my mom's and my in-law's, birthday celebration meals and Sanctuary meetings!

Life has been quite full this summer. It has been good though and filled with enjoyable things!

The reason that the calendar has suddenly gotten so full is the resumption of 12 hour shifts. Working those takes a lot of time =) It's been good but time-consuming! And I suppose I've still tried to maintain the rest of the things I was doing when I wasn't working at all! That makes for a full schedule!

On that work note, I'm back to normal! Last week Wednesday I got the final note that declared me "medically released to return to pre-injury work"! I think I may have to frame that doctor's note and hang it somewhere important! I've earned it!

So, Thursday was my first shift back to my normal schedule, floating across 3 wards and working independently since February 2007! Hopefully, this last week signifies the end of a long season and the beginning of a new one!

No comments: