Friday, August 08, 2008

Summer is flying by!

Life is busy around the Farrow household these days! Shane is finishing up a course with the U of M and writing his final this afternoon. He's been doing a lot of studying the last few days!

I finished another week of 12 hour shifts on my Back-To-Work program. I had originally hoped to be finished as of yesterday, but my doc is on holidays and can't sign me off yet. So, 2 more shifts and I may be finished this never-ending Back-To-Work program! I'm emotionally and mentally ready to be independent again and have my patients to myself! There are perks to working in pairs and not so nice parts! I think I'll find the first few deliveries alone a little challenging as there is so much to do all at the same time!

Ending my Back-To-Work program means getting back to my usual rotation. Sadly, it means missing SHOP stuff because I'm back to working every other weekend. It also means getting used to nights again. I haven't worked a night in a year and a half! The positive part about nights is there are usually more opportunities to pray for others in the solitude of night. That's sometimes when the struggles really surface...

This weekend we're off to camp with my family! We started going to family camp when I was 8! Now as adults we still try to get out there together for a weekend once a year! I sure hope we get filled again with the Spirit and awakened even more!

Shane and I are hoping to go camping together Monday to Wednesday. That's pretty much the extent of our summer holidays. At this point, the weather isn't looking great for those days. We'll see what happens come Monday!

So, life has been good, but full! I am quickly remembering how full life feels when working 12s. But, I know that this season is not forever and there will be changes over the years, so I might as well be faithful and claim joy!

2 comments:

Jacki said...

I hope you have a marvelous time at family camp! Kristi, when you have a sec, can you leave me your mailing address? (if you don't want it public, maybe email it to me? robnjax09@hotmail.com)

:)
Jacki

Kristi said...

Sure thing! I'll email it to you!