L & D Fun!
Yesterday evening I got the pleasure of delivering another baby! It has been quite a while because of being off with my wrist. Actually the last 2 shifts before my medical leave, I delivered babies on my own both nights! That was way back in February 2007!
So, baby was almost coming and I was prepared and feeling nice and calm. We got the resident there in time, but not the obstetrician. When the resident walked in the room, before I could chicken out, I asked her if I could do the delivery! I surprised myself by being so bold! I thought, what better a refresher than having a doc there to take over if something goes wrong! That sounds more comforting than having my first delivery in a long time when I'm all alone again =)
Oh, what a rush! And what fun! A slippery, wet, naked, beautiful baby caught in my two hands! I love it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
awesome!
Post a Comment