Shane and I were pleasantly surprised at the beginning of April when we found out that we would be getting a tax return! At that time, we decided that a nice date was a priority with some of that money!
Yesterday was the big date! We started out at 3pm doing some window-shopping. Then we had an early supper at The Keg...yum! Shane absolutely loves red meat and so The Keg is very special for him! I love it too! Especially those virgin strawberry margaritas!
After a nice meal, great company and relaxing conversation, we headed for a drive in the area, looking at the beautiful houses. I've always had a love of beautiful homes, probably related to the fact that my dad builds them! I would love a beautiful home one day!
We then decided to make a quick stop at Shane's parents' house as we were killing time before a movie. We got to cuddle, coo at and squish our niece for a few minutes and say hi to the family. I'm glad we got to say hi! If we weren't on a date, we would have stayed the evening!
Then off to the cheap seats for a movie! I think the last time we went to a movie together was on our anniversary! That was a year ago next month! I was pretty excited to be there! I rarely go to the theater so the big screen, candies and such made me pretty happy =) We saw National Treasure....not too bad. We actually saw a movie that isn't a cartoon! Generally we stick to the animated films because we try to be really careful what we see!
Then we headed home for some relaxing time together...reading, tea and snuggles. A really nice ending to a really nice day together! Boy, those dates really are important! I encourage all you married ones that read this blog...find a way and take your spouse out on a date!
1 comment:
Never stop dating baby it is what makes the time together so good. Love you both and it would have been nice to spend time with you too. Lots of hugs Mom
Post a Comment