The Statistics of 2007...the good, the bad and the ugly.
The main theme of 2007 really has been issues related to my physical body, especially my wrist.
The Not-So-Good....
- I had 32 visits to the doctor, 35 visits to physiotherapy or occupational therapy, 6 acupuncture treatments, 4 massages for my wrist specifically, 5 dentist visits and 1 trip to the eye doctor!
- I had 1 gastroscopy, 1 surgery to remove a ganglion and 1 MRI.
- I got my first crown at the dentist...yuck!
- The appointments related to my health to both offices and hospitals total at 86 visits this year. That averages 1.65 appointments each and every week of 2007. I hope to never beat this record! (This doesn't include any of Shane's doctor's visits or specialist appointments that I've gone with him to)
- I've been seen by a total of 9 doctors this year, ranging from family docs to surgeons.
- Because of my wrist injury, I've worked a part of 58 days out of 365 this year=(
- My adorable foster brother left my mom's home after 3 and a half years with our family. It was really sad and hard...
- We attended 1 funeral this year.
- My parents got officially divorced and my dad started a new relationship this year...not so easy on the family.
The Better or Good....
- Because of my wrist, I've made it to Sanctuary every Sunday this year except for 4.
- The 4 Sundays I missed I was in Kansas City 3 times and Toronto with my sister once.
- I've got to be a regular part of the Song of Solomon team which would have been different if I was working all that shift work.
- I've made it to 9 staff meetings (Shane and Brian staff meetings) =) And dropped in on a few more.
- I was a part of Sanctuary's first internship from August 2006 to June 12, 2007.
- We celebrated our 3rd anniversary on June 12, with a week-long celebration!
- I've got to see a lot more friends and family than I would have normally.
- I went to 2 hotels this year (in Winnipeg with the family and in Toronto with my sis)
- I've made it to countless prayer meetings in 2007!
- I delivered 2 babies in 2007!...within the 5 days before I went off work way back in February.
- We did 2 more rounds of Omega.
- I spend 2 weekends at Rock Lake with family and friends this summer and went camping on another.
- We attended only 1 wedding this year!
- A number of friends and family were pregnant or had babies this year.
- I became an auntie on December 10 to my beautiful niece!
- I turned 25 this year...a quarter of a century!
- I took my first round of voice lessons.
- We hosted our first onething Winnipeg!
- All our debt (van and school) was paid off by supernatural provision! $25,000!!!!
- And as of yesterday, I preached my first Sunday service sermon!
Probably the most special part of 2007 and the time I've had has been my time with Shane and my time with Jesus. It has been a special time for our marriage. When again will we have the honor of studying, reading and praying as a daily occupation, alone and together in our own home? It really has been special. I know it won't always be exactly this way, nor would I want that but I have cherished this time. It has been a gift in so many heart-related ways.
I've had the enjoyment of many more hours of time to study different things (Joel, Song of Solomon, End-Times stuff), read books, read the Bible and pray. I have enjoyed and struggled through figuring this schedule out.
Bottom line is that in 2007 I've grown to love Jesus and Shane more and that really matters.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment