Saturday, December 29, 2007

A new experience before the end of 2007....

I'm going to be preaching tomorrow. I've never preached in a Sunday service context before.

I found out this morning and have felt like a University student all over again, doing something last minute. Remember all those procrastinating evenings when you should have written the paper or studied for the test much earlier but you left it to the last moment?

This isn't exactly the same, as I only got the news this morning, but it does have that last minute crunch time feeling to it. So, I've been sitting in the office at the computer with my books, notes and Bible around me putting something down on paper since I woke up this morning. Sometimes putting the thoughts on paper is the hardest part!

I'm excited at the opportunity and nervous all in one. Who knows what is coming in the future, so I'll take any practice opportunities now, especially with people that I know are safe to learn amongst! I pray that I speak the Word of God and what is on His heart with clarity, accuracy and prophetic insight. That is my prayer for tomorrow's adventure!

3 comments:

MJ said...

We will be praying the same thing for you. I wish we could be there but the wedding came first. lots of hugs mom and dad

Jacki said...

Love all your Christmas photos, Kristi!! You and Shane look so happy and cute together. I'm excited to hear that you'll be preaching tomorrow! Being married to a preacher, I understand what preparing a sermon entails, and how the enemy likes to pick on preachers, and how the Holy Spirit loves to bless them...and I'll be praying for you too!! I know God will speak through you powerfully. Have fun on your adventure!!

Kristi said...

Awww...thanks for the prayers and for leaving a comment guys! That's so nice!