WE'RE BACK!!!!!!!
What a great holiday! Steph and I had so much fun in Puerto Rico this last week! Weather-wise, it was really hard to come back! I love +30!!!!
There was a lot of highlights and tons of good times together!
Some highlights were:
- being asked if we were twins EVERY DAY from 2-5 different people! Everyone from guests at the resorts, people from Steph's work, stewardesses, staff at the resort, etc. It was a hoot! We loved that!
- taking merengue and salsa lessons every afternoon at 4pm at the pool! My hips have been set free! But the cold weather here may freeze them back into place! Yikes!
We got a little famous on the resort and got the title of dancing queens. People we didn't know at all were passing us on the walkway commenting about the great dancing! Hilarious! But oh so fun! Ooooo....and Steph also brought ugly dancing to Puerto Rico! It was so funny! I think we entertained the resort with all the dancing activities! They can bring us along next year as entertainment!
We got a great compliment from the head guy of Steph's manufacturing company. He had to mingle and chat with people all week, so this was NOT a vacation at all for him. He said to a few people that when he was a little stressed or in a bad mood and saw us enjoying ourselves, we totally brightened his day and brought a smile to his face! That's so sweet! And we only chatted with him a few times, but our smiles and enjoyment encouraged him!
- having warm weather. That was probably one of the biggest highlights. I love the climate. We had some showers in the evenings, but we really only had one gloomier day of the entire week! The weather was fabulous!
- lots of virgin strawberries daquiris and pina coladas! I love mixing cranberry and apple juice!
- REALLY good food! The buffets were great and I loved having ice cream anytime, but my favorite were the speciality restaurants! We went to Avacados one night and had broccoli soup, bread, drinks, steak, salmon, dessert......and then left without paying for the bill! That is the weirdest feeling! I love it!
Another specialty restaurant was called Bamboo. That was my favorite! It was Asian cuisine and they cooked the whole meal right in front of us! It was quite a show! And SOOOOOO yummy! Especially the shrimp!
- Steph and I had ALL the desserts on the menu at both specialty restaurants! That was totally fun!
- Ooooo...can't forget the loveliness of room service! We frequented the room service button on the telephone for breakfast on the patio or in bed! I loved it!
- We went on a few excursions which were a blast! I snorkled for the first time and saw some star fish. Boy, it is something else to coordinate breathing with a mask on and your face in the water. Steph had to remind me that I could totally do it, being a labor and delivery nurse and all! That focussed me and then I figured out the whole breathing thing!
We went on a gorgeous sail boat!
We took a paddle boat out in the Carribean Sea.
We did water aerobics in the pool and musical chairs beside the pool. Steph won!
We went kayaking for the first time....at night, in a narrow lagoon. We got to see how plankton light up in the water! It was fun!
We also went to the famous Puerto Rican Rain Forest. It was really beautiful and we got to take a dip in a waterfall! I thought of Loraleigh while I was there and definitely thought that hike would be her kind of thing!
- They had nightly entertainment shows. We saw some of them and walked out on some of them, as we don't really appreciate dancers in thongs, hardly wearing anything, thank-you very much. It just sat yucky with both of us......so we left.
- Got to know a bunch of Steph's co-workers. They were a hoot to be around and I really enjoyed her bosses especially. So nice! We got to have some neat conversations with them about God stuff and the House of Prayer!
- Made some Puerto Rican friends! Mostly the dance teachers and the security guard!
- Love the culture and the way that Latinos treat women. Women are treated respectfully and are really valued as women! I felt so female and happy to be female! They make women feel like queens. I loved it! And we felt so beautiful! I pray that that part of the Latino culture could transfer to our North American culture!
I could go on and on but those are some of my highlights of the trip! The sister time was really good for us! I really enjoyed my sister and hope that our relationship only gets closer and closer and stronger and stronger as we continue in life. We really enjoyed each other presence, and were together constantly for over a week (besides being asleep and the occasional shower)!!!
Thank-you Steph for your generosity and for choosing me to come with you on a fabulous trip! I had such a blast with you! I'd do it again in a heartbeat! Love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment