Tenderizing of the heart...
I arrived at church today feeling alright, definitely tired. Worship started. I found myself unable to keep myself from crying. My eyes just teared and teared, accompanied by the rest of my body joining in with all the emotion. I didn't know what kind of reaction I was having!
I've been asking the Lord to reveal His affections to my heart lately. I want to know in my heart, instead of just my head, the affections that Jesus has for me. I want fresh revelation all the time about how Jesus feels about me.
Yesterday I was having some time with the Lord and asked to feel/know the affections he has for me. I felt a fierce love. His ravenous desire for my presence. Wow, He fiercely desires my very presence. He longs for me far more than I long for Him!
This morning, I felt the tender emotions of love. He really is my only hope. I felt that. I felt that my heart was being tenderized. I felt unexplained vulnerability, but it was a good thing. Whatever He was doing, it was a good process in my heart. No matter what happens on this earth, in my life, He will always be with me. His purpose for me is number 1. When it doesn't make sense, doesn't seem fair or part of what I would think would be the plan, He is sovereign.
Today I choose to give my yes to all that God has for me and my life. Today I choose to say that God is good. Today I choose to hear His voice and live fully. Today I choose to fix my gaze on Him regardless of what is before me. I set my mind, my heart and affections on Him.
I fiercly desire to know His emotions and affections. I will know the heart of my Lover more. I will.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment