Sunday, June 16, 2013

Celebrations!

I love special celebration days! And this week we got to celebrate on 2 special days!

Wednesday was our 9th Anniversary! We had a special celebration this year, relishing the fact that Noah's beloved Auntie Stephanie was in town and able to be with him all day long =) We really enjoying that and with the blessing of Shane's boss, we took the day to be together. So. Lovely!

We started the day off right....in the prayer room getting prophetic ministry =) Then we headed to the Plaza (a ritzy area of town with shops and fountains), walked around and ate Brazilian BBQ for the first time! Shane LOVES meat so it was special to try a new place that was all about meat =) We had been given a Starbuck's gift card specifically to celebrate our anniversary so we hit up Starbuck's and another walk after lunch, before heading back to check in with Steph and Noah. The little man was happy to see us and we hung out for a bit before heading out once more to wander the aisles of Target and try on some glasses. I'm in the market for new ones! We relaxed at home in the evening and got to spend some time with Stephanie. What a lovely day!

And then today! Father's Day! It was a nice day, full of family quality time and moments of happiness =) We tried a new park, played outside, napped, played in the toy aisles at Walmart and I picked up Chipotle for my hubby for supper =) I also had to bake him his own cake =)

I love reasons to celebrate good things, beloved people and special milestones!

No comments: