The Christian Mama's Guide to Parenting a Toddler is a book about entering the world of parenting a toddler. The author is a mom of 3 herself and pulls from a number of different people, resources and experiences to discuss a number of topics applicable to any mom of a toddler. Topics such as discipline, tantrums, sleep habits, healthy eating, potty training and preschool are covered, as well as topics specific to moms such as keeping date nights alive, the joys and challenges of stay-at-home moms and working moms, and preparing for baby #2.
I had mixed feelings about this book. On one hand, I enjoyed the topics and could definitely identify with many of the circumstances and challenges of parenting a toddler as I enter into the toddler phase with my little guy. I liked a lot of the lists of suggestions and recommendations that Erin provided and I think I will look back through the book to try some of them out!
On the other hand, I really had a hard time reading the book because of the tone of the author. I felt that humor and sarcasm was used far too much. I myself am more of a serious person and really dislike sarcasm in general. It made me feel like what is holy and sacred about motherhood wasn't valued or communicated in the way that I would have liked to hear. It was hard for me to get past the tone and enjoy the content.
I may recommend this book to mommy friends of mine but I would definitely disclaimer the tone and see if it would be a good fit for their personalities and communication style first.
I received this book free from the
publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <http://BookSneeze®.com> book
review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The
opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with
the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255
<http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides
Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment