I sure had hoped to be driving to Manitoba today =( I had hope and faith to pray that this week there would be breakthrough in the visa process. So, Noah and I have been praying in an increased way the last 2 weeks and even felt stirred to start planning what our trip would include, whenever it so happens. I figured out it would work best to leave here on a Thursday so we could get in 2 weekends with our family in Manitoba. Who knew today would be the best Thursday to leave between now and July. And we are not northbound. Boo.
I'm disappointed but the first thing I'm feeling is frustration. Aimed at the lawyer. We just found out he still hasn't done the work that the government is waiting for. First the documents were lost in the US postal service for 6 weeks and now we've been waiting for the lawyer to do their requests for the last 3 weeks. And we can do nothing. about. it.
I'm mad. And a little sad. And having a moment of frustration.
This process has had a lot of grace and generally I feel a lot of peace with the uncertainty, waiting and lack of control we have. But, this week I'm feeling like I've had enough. This is feeling ridiculous already and I think this has taken long enough. We need some breakthrough!
So, I need to turn this frustration into contending prayer, praying that we would see breakthrough and that I wouldn't give up that hope and faith for it, despite discouraging news from the lawyer.
Please pray with us that the lawyer would do the work needed speedily, submit it very soon, that nothing else would be needed and that our visas would be approved quickly. And pray that we would have peace that the Lord holds the timing in His hands, regardless of the timing issues we have in the natural. We'll keep you posted!
Thursday, April 18, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Praying with you! I feel your frustration. Grace to you.
Post a Comment