Today my little Noah is 16 months and he sure has left babyhood behind for discovering life as a toddler!
It seems that he is learning new things every day and it is so fun and fascinating to watch him discover the world around him. It makes simple things like horses, hugs, dancing, snacks, drinks of water, walks down the hallway, ping pong paddles, buses and keys seem like gold. They are major reasons to get VERY excited, wave your arms, raise your eyebrows and pant with sheer joy =) I love this. It has made me get excited about the animals that we can see out our window, the walks around the base that are like adventures and giving a cup of water has a whole new meaning =)
Noah had the flu for the first time earlier this month. It was so sad to see him so sick =( He was so sweet and precious, not fussing, but instead got super quiet and relaxed. It was so weird to see him so stationary! We enjoyed lots of snuggles. He got the flu only 3 days after I returned from my trip to Colorado and since then he's been nursing like a newborn the last few weeks. Just the last 3 days or so has he relaxed a little in that department =)
My little man is barely 20 lbs and though I haven't measured him recently, he's growing because I've had to put away a lot of clothes lately based on length. He's still wearing mostly 12-18 month clothes, though the first thing he seems to progress to the next size in is sleepers. I'm hoping we get to take a trip to Manitoba soon because I want to stock up on 18 month sleepers at Superstore!
Noah LOVES many things with great enthusiasm. He is his auntie Stephanie's biggest fan and gets so excited to see her whether in person or praying on the webstream. Noah loves being around people. Around the base, he runs and plays happily and chatters to himself but in public, he's often quieter because he does a lot of people-watching. He's adorable in the car seat...just chilling and staring out the window, sometimes making noises that really sound like he's singing along to the music.
As I mentioned above, Noah seems to be learning new things every day! This week, he's learnt to point to his nose when we ask where it is, to climb into the stroller, stand up and reach for things on the shelf, give open-mouthed kisses, to spin around dancing, to master the slide (even head first!) and he's started copying Shane and I when we cough or sneeze =)
Happy 16 months Noah! You are such a delight and bring so much joy to all those around you!
Thursday, April 04, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Happy 16 months, Noah!! I love that you love me and I LOVE YOU!! I am your biggest fan!! You are such a gift to me and I love you!
Post a Comment