Thursday, January 17, 2013

Real Marriage DVD-Based Study by Mark and Grace Driscoll

Over the past year, Shane and I have been slowing working through the Real Marriage DVD series as date nights at home! We've enjoyed going through this series on our own, even though it is meant for a group and I think it would be fun to go through with a group of married couples!

Real Marriage is both a book and a DVD series tackling issues in marriage and is summed up well in the title "Real Marriage; The Truth about Sex, Friendship and Life Together". The DVD package includes 11 weeks of DVD lessons, a participant guide and a leader manual. Though I was reviewing the DVD package, I also read through the book Real Marriage, since my husband ordered it for his blogger review! It was actually really nice to go through the book and the DVD series at the same time! I found the book expounded a little more than the DVD lessons, though the DVDs were more interactive and allowed us to work through the content together as a couple.

I enjoyed this series and found it a great springboard for discussion on many different topics within my own marriage. I would recommend it to other couples and definitely suggest being a part of a group of friends who would go through it if the opportunity arises. Mark and Grace tackle some very honest and sometimes uncomfortable topics that are necessary to discuss and be honest about if you want an intimate, deep relationship with your spouse. One thing I also liked was that the series is formatted so that someone who is single could do it to and even participate in the activities and homework. There is a section for singles each week.

If you are looking for other resources for group settings or within your own marriage, another DVD series we highly recommend is the Love and Respect series by Emerson Eggerichs!

I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <http://BookSneeze®.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristi
could you email me your preference on these, we are going to be leading a group on marriage and am looking for a series to use! thanks so much!
Karalyn