We have a little baby forming and developing with the expected date of arrival of December 4th! We are having a baby! And I'm 9 and a half weeks preggo!
We are delighted and the timing of the Lord is perfect. I couldn't have planned it better myself. The timing was awesome....a made-on-DTS/made-in-Hawaii baby, finding out when we were home with friends and family and not far away, and in the most up-in-the-air season of our lives, suddenly an eternal being is being created within me. It's pretty crazy and awesome all at once!
It has definitely made me think about faith a lot these last few weeks. Something is happening within me that I have absolutely no control over. It's something that I can't directly see or feel but I believe that there is a little human being being formed by the Lord in my womb. I think the beginning of pregnancy is like faith....you can't see or feel something but you believe it. It reminds me how much more faith I want and how easy it is to rely on sight and the confirmation of things in the natural. I want to live more by the Spirit! I want big faith!
The last few weeks have been a little stressful and I've been battling with some fear and worry about the future. In the past, it was nerve-wracking to think of starting a family on one steady income and one support-raising income. I think it's the humor of the Lord to take us to the point where we risk all that and have no income and then we find out we are having a baby.....and we must have grown in faith in the past season because our response is pure joy =) God is hilarious and delightful and I love His ways! He is in control!
The stressful part of the last few weeks is the unknown of the future. Everything seems up in the air. Yet in the midst of it, we know that a baby is coming before Christmas. The next step is unclear, the job situations are unclear and we're in an awkward waiting period that has lasted longer than I anticipated. It's been frustrating. I just want to know the plan already. And in the midst of this all, I think about the special gift that God is giving us with our growing family. What a gift!
This evening, I was organizing the office, preparing for my sister's arrival. Stephanie will be moving in with us in 2 weeks when she returns from New Zealand! I'm really looking forward to her return! Anyways, I saw a few books in our baby stash that has accumulated over many years, mostly from an excited auntie-to-be =) I sat on the floor, put my hand on my belly and read books out loud to our baby. Though our baby can't hear yet at this gestation, I can pour love and truth into his or her little spirit! I love you baby! You are called and destined by God!
There is much I could say but this will do for now. I am excited to share our wonderful news with you all! Here are a few pictures to enjoy from the day we found out about our little miracle!
We are pregnant!
Delighted and surprised-and-yet-not too! First response: doing a happy dance!

We are new parents of a growing life! Wow!
1 comment:
CONGRATULATIONS!! You are going to be the best mama EVER and Shane's gonna be the best Papa EVER! I love you and your baby so much!
Post a Comment