It's been a while since I blogged and I'm honestly thinking of dropping the blogging world. I haven't blogged since October and I've been off facebook since November. Life just seems more simple and more peaceful that way. The amount of time I've spent on the computer is way reduced and I like that!
I feel like I can rest a little more and focus on relationships that I have in person. I just don't like spilling my thoughts and feelings with whoever may be out there and reading this. That is kinda creepy. I would rather sit and have a coffee with you or connect by email. It's just weird and not fulfilling my need for socializing and connecting when I post something on here and know there are some people reading, minimal comments and no dialogue. You know? I'd rather have a conversation.
That been said, I haven't totally decided whether or not to drop blogging and facebook altogether. I like the socializing aspect of facebook. That's the problem with it. It's empty. And I like deeper relationships than that.
But, what about those that I want to keep in contact with who I can't sit down and have a coffee with because they live somewhere else? That throws in a twist!
Also, as for blogging, sometimes I would love to have a place to just write our needs down as intercessory missionaries. We used to send out a support letter but got frustrated with writing them. It seemed we spent more on paper, ink and stamps than we got in support in response to sending them out. We know we probably should write one again but it can be a little discouraging and we greatly dislike support raising.
So, these are some of the reason for my absence. I'm taking a little vacation. I'm rearranging the unnecessary things in my life to fit in my priorities. I'm wanting to sow a little more into real relationships. I'm wanting to spend my time on other things than the internet.
We'll see if what I decide. Not sure yet. But I won't quit without telling you =)
And as for needs, our January and February needs (over and above our usual expenses) include dental work (finishing the root canal from last July with a crown) and van insurance.
Adios.
Monday, January 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Kristi even though I don't comment often, I love reading your posts! I completely understand if you decide to quit though, do whatever you think is best for you.
Love ya!
Post a Comment