Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Yesterday....

Yesterday signified 8 years that I've had the pleasure of holding the role of Shane's girlfriend, fiancee or wife! It's hard to believe 8 years have gone by. It has been a great 8 years together!

We celebrated with myself being sick. Boo! I either got a quick and nasty flu bug or some food poisoning...not sure. But it was very nasty, especially coming from a gal who has vomited only about 3 times, including this one, in her adult life! Very, very nasty.

I'm also in the process of doing Core Orientation at the hospital as the wards I work on expand as a Maternal/Child Float. I knew the day was super important, so when I could keep from running to the bathroom, I ventured out of the house. That too was nasty, as I felt super sick all day and evening.

I spend the evening on the couch being very well cared for by my sweetheart of 8 years. Shane made me chicken noodle soup and tea, filled and refilled my hot water bottle and in general took very good care of me. I definitely felt well cared for!

I slept for a good portion of the evening off and on and then went to bed by 10pm.

I'm not nauseous this morning. Yeah! And not nearly as achy. Let's hope the worst is behind us!

And yeah for 8 years of love!

2 comments:

Christina said...

Wow, 8 years! That is awesome!
And glad the nasty bug has passed!

Stephanie said...

yay for 8 years!! Congrats! I'm glad, but not surprised, Shaner took such good care of you : )