Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sharing from the heart...

I sure love when I can share something that I actually feel is alive in me on the inside. Then again, some moments it feels alive and others, it may feel hard to access those truths. Last Sunday, I had the pleasure of preaching at Sanctuary on the Fundamental Truth of Love. It was really fun and I enjoyed it more than I thought I would! This morning, Shane and I are heading to the Elmwood Vineyard to share on Intimacy with Jesus through Prayer! It should be a fun experience!

I feel like I'm drawing closer to the Lord and He's drawing closer to me lately. Even though I have less time to sit on my bed and read/study/pray, I am finding moments where my heart is expanded in love. A walk down the hallway at work or a moment to steal away for a bathroom break, seem to be ideal moments to remind me to connect with the Lord. I'll be washing my hands and look up to the mirror and suddenly my heart and lips are saying "Oh Jesus, I love you".

The other night I was walking to my van after work and simply enjoying His presence. The last 4 hours of my shift had been crazy busy and my heart, mind and body were still spinning. It just took a moment where the Spirit reminded me to get me back to the place where I felt I was communing with Him deeply, on the inside. Jesus and I started talking and by the time I was at the van, I was smiling and chuckling about how personal He is with me!

In the last 2 work days, I've had 3 nice compliments from patients and coworkers that stuck out in my memory. No kidding when you're talking to a person that has Words of Affirmation at the top of her love languages! I need to take those as high-fives from the Lord! He is pleased with me and sometimes tells me through other people.

I remember a very distinct time when someone was talking to me and I just knew it was straight from the Father's heart, in a non-ministry situation. I was working with adults with disabilities. One of the young women was working near me and suddenly out of the blue tells me with such genuine love in her eyes and voice that I was very beautiful. It was random, out of the blue, during the work day. I knew as soon as she said it who was behind the love that was expressed through her words, tone and eyes. It was the Father talking to me during a mundane work day, through an human being! That was so neat and has always stuck in my mind.

My desire is to deeply know the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. I want God to have full access to my heart, soul, mind and strength and I want to know Him in my emotions. There is simply nothing better than the tangible presence of the Lord. It is so delightful to my soul and I know that there is nothing else that will satisfy!

2 comments:

Jacki said...

Hi Kristi! Thanks so much for your comments on my blog. I don't consider you a 'lurker', either, just so you know!
I love when you write about your relationship with Jesus. After reading this particular post 2 days ago I was so challenged to keep chasing harder after Him. Six years ago I let first wife-hood, then motherhood take first place in my life and am in the process (with His enabling) of putting Him back in His number one spot. Blog posts like this one make me even 'hungrier' for the intimacy I've known but given away and encourage me to keep crying out for Him to draw me closer. So thanks, Kristi!! Your relationship with the Lord is a blessing to me.

Kristi said...

Jacki,

Thank-you for the nice words of encouragement! I love how we can spur one another on in the Body! I want to know and live out that Jesus is my number one. It is challenging to not let our roles in life dictate who we are above who we are before Jesus!

Maybe that will be my next blog =)

Kristi