Jesus...in my everything...
As I mentioned briefly last post, I spent the last 3 days sick or recovery and in classroom days at the hospital. I'm orientating to another ward that I will float to.
The thought of adding another area to my knowledge base and work load is quite frightening for me. It is especially frightening because it's a world away from the type of work I do now. I'm presently pretty specialized, spending my working hours in 3 different wards committed to labor, delivery, recovery and postpartum, caring for moms and babes.
Well, my horizons are soon going to expand to include a larger demographic of women, from the beginning of life to the end. I'm orientating to a gynecology/antepartum unit, which is much more a medical/surgical taste than what I'm used to. Many things they do there, I haven't seen or done since university, and for the most part, had hoped not to have to do or see to be honest.
The last 3 days have caused me to think about many things that I have not had to think about in the last 3 years since graduation. It made me feel somewhat nervous, partly excited and kinda of interested.
This could be a good thing. It is good to learn new things, have challenges, stretch abilities and grow. Even when it's frightening!
I went home thanking God for allowing me the honor of a profession that fuels my intercession for others and urges intimate conversation between my Beloved and myself. For example, a teaching on chemotherapy led me to spend some time in prayer for those with cancer and undergoing chemo in Winnipeg. A lecture on wound care with the words on a PowerPoint presentation of "width, length and depth" immediately put a smile on my face and caused me to pray Ephesians 3:17-19 over myself. A conversation with a coworker allowed me to hear what she's been through and allowed me to tell her that I would be praying for her children.
Simply seeing new life and being a part of a workplace that also experiences great tragedy where we expect great joy makes prayer and intercession necessary in my life.
It is incredible the many things that God can use to provoke us to say yes again, whisper an "I love you" to Him or pray for another or a whole city.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
yes I know how that feels. lately I'm learning a new web language and as frustrating and exciting it is... I can see it all coming together.
I am excited to learn, I just wish I could shut out the outside world.
Another revelation is the health and healing that Jesus gave to us and wants us to walk in (fight for too!).. and to share it with us. God is a giver and a rewarder.
mmm, that was good.
Post a Comment