Hungry for knowledge
In general, it's not the easiest thing for me to seek out learning experiences on a day to day basis. But it all depends on what I'm learning!
I love taking an hour to listen to a good teaching about something to do with Jesus and my heart. I loved to read as a child and am trying to get back into reading on a more consistent basis. I do love to read the Word and I find study guides very helpful!
The difficult thing can be making the necessary time to actually make space to sit down and lock in. I sure like having 2-3 hours to do that, though some days I have barely 10 minutes between shifts, sleep and a quick meal. Those days communing with God through 30 second prayers are my connecting point!
But, today's search for knowledge takes a different route than the usual. Today I'm going to a conference that has to do with my role as a nurse. We are encouraged to attend conferences and workshops to continue our education and learning as nurses. I haven't gone to many in my time but this one interested me!
Today I'm going to be learning about "The Care of the Late Preterm Infant", meaning caring for babies that are born early at 34-36 weeks gestation. Late, meaning almost term, not deceased, for clarification.
I'm excited to learn today! Meals, handouts and beverages are provided which is a bonus! I'm getting reimbursed for the registration fee (which is always an arm and a leg in the name of continuing education) and even getting paid for an 8 hour work day!
I hope to have a greater knowledge base that will allow me to care for these little ones with more sensitivity to their individual needs and to be able to teach their parents more about them and how to care for them! I'm excited to learn today! It's like being a student again, which I enjoyed for the most part!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sounds like a good time I hope that you learn a lot of helpful things, and enjoy the gourmet treatment.
How did it go?
Sounds like an interesting topic!
It was a really good conference! Great information! Great food!
Post a Comment