Here's the update...
I have "dermatographism"....plainly said, skin writing. According to healthy-skincare.com, "friction of the skin causes raised red and itchy lines in the pattern of the irritation". I get hives and we don't know why I'm itchy in the first place.
I was pretty discouraged when I got home. First, I had to wait a long time (which is fine) and then the doctor didn't have time to answer all my questions because she was running behind time. I don't mind waiting, but I wanted to have her attention then when I do get to see her. At least she was really nice.
Secondly, I got a "diagnosis" without obvious answers to the problem. We don't even know why I'm itchy, I just have a name for it now. And...the worst part, I could be on long term antihistamine medications every day. That was the last straw.
In the last 4-5 years, I've had one thing after another arise. They aren't huge, life-threatening issues, but the build up of one after another is enough to drive me crazy. The problem I have with each issue is that I get a silly diagnosis with the "we don't know what's causing it" and "it could be a long term issue". I don't get clear answers to what's causing the problem. I don't get answers of how to solve it. And, they all want me to be on medications for an undetermined amount of time.
1. I hate taking meds. I usually just suffer through a headache because I tend to dislike taking a pill.
2. All these silly medications are stinkin' expensive! That can add a little stress.
3. I don't like using medication as a final answer. I can understand it's use for a short time but hate not having other options.
I'm just sick of having one annoyance after another. I want full healing and it seems so slow in coming. We're contending for healing. We have been for years in our household. Today I was frustrated about it. It's not the usual these days, but today it got me sad.
Tears made me feel a little better. And knowing that I'm getting a resurrected body in the not so distant future =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thank you Jesus for giving us the hope of resurrected bodies! I'm so excited that one day your body (and mine) will be pain free & itchy free! I'm praying for complete healing for you!
Oh Kristi, I will be praying for COMPLETE HEALING for your body!
And praise the Lord one day there will be no more sickness, pain or death...you won't have to wait in any more Drs. offices to get any more diagnosis that don't tell you much. =)
Your in my prayers friend.
Post a Comment