Saturday, January 05, 2008

Yucky...

I had a super rough night, which meant Shane did too. I hardly slept at all, or so it felt. I hacked all night, resulting in giving myself a headache, sore muscles, a sore throat and a disappearing voice. I tossed and turned, had a 2am dose of cough syrup, then a 6am dose of Tylenol and finally rest a little until 11:30am.

At 1pm it was back to bed where I slept the best yet, even though still disturbed at times with my cough and my wrist. I stayed sleeping until I dragged myself out of bed at 4:30pm. I could have stayed in bed a while longer.

I'm still in my pjs, my hair is gross but why worry about it when I'm headed back to bed in a little while?

Shane's been super helpful and kind. It's amazing how many small tasks require two hands. We definitely can take the blessing of two working hands for granted when we don't have to function any other way. It's kind hard to button up your jeans (though I'm getting better at it!), put toothpaste on your toothbrush, open a jar or letter and it's impossible to attempt a ponytail without two hands!

On the outside I'm in rough shape, but on the inside I'm feeling encouraged and feel the nearness and comfort of the One whose love is better than wine!

No comments: